Teaching Feelings and Emotions



Many parents and teachers find it difficult to teach young learners with special Ed how to recognise their feelings and emotions.


Teaching young learners how to label their emotions is a difficult skill to learn, and being prepared to seize opportunities when these present naturally is sometimes lengthy. 

In my class I've arranged a number of  activities and Social Stories where students can begin to recognise someone happy, sad, angry and practice labeling facial expressions with visual cues.


The Task cards I created gives my kiddos the opportunity to practice identifying facial expressions and emotions as well as being able to label them correctly with answer sheets! 


To make this activity more fun and interactive my kiddos used pegs to answer first, then dabbers to complete assessments sheets!



 I have also added this resource to my Social Story Bundle!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on how to create a Basic Skills Folder Activity

Folder  activities are engaging and a fun way to enhance the learning experiences for preschoolers and students in special education. I find...