FUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATION CARDS

Asking for a "Break," "help" or having to wait is difficult for Non verbal kids, These times often resulting in disruptive behaviors, but by simply giving them the tools and skills they need will help them overcome these frustrations.

So I got going and made these support cards!
The Support Cards I made are a little bit bigger than the size of an index card and I placed a couple of useful visuals on them to use for my students with Autism.
Using these cards in my class has been a life saver, students have learnt new skills such as requesting "a break", "help" how to "wait" and the "first and then" strategies.
These cards  provide structure in my behaviour support plans and run in conjunction with ABA Management.



I use these cards in my Calm Down Corner, where we can access quickly and redirect before crises point.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on how to create a Basic Skills Folder Activity

Folder  activities are engaging and a fun way to enhance the learning experiences for preschoolers and students in special education. I find...