Anger Management for Kids

A Self Regulation Strategy using a Social Narrative

Finding an Anger Management technique that worked was so time consuming, I found myself reading tumps of tips and scrolling through never ending strategies.  Hunting the internet for that one great resource was taking to much of my time while my tiny tots rampaged through class.  


So I sat down with my laptop and decided to write a Story support... what did I have to loose? 
Anger issues were arising with a number of students and I realised I needed to teach  coping skills that my young learners could try out.

I started thinking of strategies my kids could practice even before behaviours happened, such as counting to 10, deep breathing etc. 
 I wanted my kids to understand and be motivated. I started with some visual supports then added basic sentences and before long I had created my short story

The class love to see the angry faces turn into happy faces when I read the story and will now join in (after a couple of prompts) with role play coping skills.....  
       Self Regulation is well under way!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on how to create a Basic Skills Folder Activity

Folder  activities are engaging and a fun way to enhance the learning experiences for preschoolers and students in special education. I find...